Need help alarm stays on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help alarm stays on

90 tlr 2008 ; I recently took the electrical from my 2004 tlrc and installed it on the 08. Every thing worked well, then I started getting a alarm. unpluged the oil tank switch alarm off. Test switch test ok. checked wiring for ground found none. Could open the pink wire from the o/l switch alarm off. The temp alarm functions ok. What am I missing?

why are you swapping parts
    what is the electrical
    what is o/l switch

Comment

(1) 04 slung a rod purchased 08 with no foot and electrical had been sold
      (2) all cdi ,wiring harness, all was remove and left with boat transfered to 08 (3) oil level switch.

Comment

sounds like you have a problem with level switch if you can unplug it and that turns off alarm.

May need to recheck to make sure the switches make and break as they should.

How long did it run OK after moving everything over before this alarm started?

Comment

Two test runs. The level switch was working I had not filled the oil tank comletly and it would sound the horn and phase back the throttle. The 04 switch test the same.The upper switch test open and closed.The bottom tested.538 on diode test.Have 12 vdc on pink wire ;motor side.

Comment

why test bottom switch with diode test?
            Does this thing have a seal in circuit?

Service manual should give some info and proper way to test.

Sounds like something is grounding the pink wire if it is like my 1999 40

Looking at at drawing of a 75,80,& 90 of unknown year black to green/red should read 640 ohms when switch 2 is closed and infinite when open I think.

Black to green on switch 1 should read 0 ohms when closed and infinite when open.

Also looks like there is a diode set up between over temp switch and the oil switch to keep backfeeding between the 2 so indicator lights can identify which is going off.
            Maybe you have a grounded wire to gauges or a bad gauge causing the alarm to sound. All it takes is something to ground pink wire

Comment

Yes sw2 has a holding or latch circuit.Smeone posted the test procedure.I dont see the diode between temp and oil on the print.Does it have a p/n?

Comment

not on any print that I have seen

What kind of indications are you getting on guages?

Comment

my guess?
                  your using a 703 box and you connected the two gray bullit connectors at the powerhead.

Comment

Working...
                  X