Question for Rodbolt17, 1992 Pro 60 TLHQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Rodbolt17, 1992 Pro 60 TLHQ

This question might piggy back with Spfshr70 problem. What happened was, earlier in the day I went out in the boat and had a strong stream the whole day. Later in the evening I went out again and noticed I had a very weak stream at idle and at cruising speeds. I dropped the lower unit and checked the impellar(new this year). It looked fine,I back flushed the motor from the thermostat opening and had a good flow of water. I then hooked up a garden hose to the water pick up tube and turned it on with very little pressure and had a strong stream coming out of the pisser. I am at a loss, what would cause such a big change from one moment to the next? One more thing, the intensity of the flow starts out strong then wiil fade for a while then it might come back with the same force it started out with.

Does anyone have a thought as to what might be going on here?

Comment

more than likely, debris in the exhaust cover.

Comment

partial plugging of tell tail passage inside motor would be my guess.
        I have seen it on my motor , had to blow compressed air up into it through tell tail and strong flow came back.
        If it restricts at the plastic piece on the end it sprays, but inside motor it causes it to just dribble out with no pressure

Comment

RodBolt and 99Yam40,

You two were right, I pulled the exhaust plate off and there was debris clogging up the tell tale outlet. Thanks again for your input! Back on the water!

JPJ

Comment

Working...
          X