CD Unit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Unit.

If the CD unit had gone would the motor still start?

Clive,
    Depends on what you mean by "gone".
    The CDI provides low voltage pulses to the high voltage coils that deliver the spark to the plugs.
    You could have a bad CDI wherein just one of the coil inputs has gone bad, and the motor still starts. Or, I have seen a CDI do just fine until it warmed up and then started causing intermittent problems with spark.
    I would recommend you get a Yamaha shop manual for your motor and follow the testing procedure for the CDI, if you have one giving you problems.
    They are pretty expensive to replace, and you want to be as sure as you can about having a bad one before you invest in a new one.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

Thanks Ken, I am having all sorts of problem with my 20A its going the shop over the next few days to get sorted I was just wondering, the cd unit is over £200 to replace so I am hoping its not that giving the problem but knowing my luck it will be.

Regards.

Clive

Comment

Clive:
        the old 20A has an CDI unit??? are you sure about that...
        couse i have one numberd type 653 l*****
        it certainly has no CDI...
        could it be that it was refitted with it?
        greetings:
        jan

Comment

I am sure there is one on the side of the motor jan? gotit back form the shop today all fixed and running, the kill switch was not working so one the look out for a new one now.

Comment

Working...
          X