2002 50hp. tlrb only turning 2100 rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 50hp. tlrb only turning 2100 rpm

2002 yam. tlrb 2 stroke on a 2002 17.8 Dura-Craft (Bass) turning only 2100 rpm. This boat was for sale on c/l for 3500 bucks, so I had to jump on it. Now, this is a replacement mtr, as it had a 90 on it before I bought it. Problem is, it's a long shaft, and even if the cav plate is inline with the bottom of the boat, there is prob. too much drag The prop is only a 11.8 x 13. I guess therein lies the prob. Wish some body has a short shaft they would trade for my long shaft. What pitch prop should I try with this current set up. Thanks, Capt Tom Erle (Aucilla/Econfina River Charters)

I would have sold you my 18ft hydro-sports fish and ski with a 175 E-tec for 6K.

measure your transom,it will be either 15" or about 20".

THAT and THAT alone will determine if you need a long or short shaft engine.

my guess would be the carbs are clogged or the ign isn't advancing correctly.
    find a dealership with test wheel YB1611 and in about 15 minutes you will know if its engine or prop setup.

no muss no fuss.

Comment

I agree with Rod on the testing,
      Also would be good to make sure alarm system works as it should limit RPM to 2K if there is a problem and sound alarm

and a 50 on a 18 foot boat sounds way under powered if it was running a 90 before, what is it rated for?
      Last edited by 99yam40; 05-26-2013, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X