F150txr to fruno 1623 nmea 0183

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150txr to fruno 1623 nmea 0183

I just purchased a 2009 Yamaha F150TXR with analog instrumentation. I understand a connection can be made via NMEA 0183 and get a ton of data on my FURUNO 1623 display. Should I have a Yamaha dealer install or can the average bear with instrumentation background install required cables/gear? What components do I need to complete this task?

I'll chime in here but I am not the expert you are looking for - I just hooked up my 2011 F150 to a Lowrance HDS 7 Touch using a NMEA 2000 network and it was a snap. I am thinking you mean the NMEA 2000 rather than the 0183. There is a NMEA network starter kit needed (Lowrance about $65) an interface cable to connect the motor to the network (Lowrance or Yamaha) and then it depends on what else you want to do. I added the water pressure sensor (from Yamaha) and a NMEA 2000 fuel sensor (Lowrance) to replace the stock fuel gauge and I hooked up the trim wires to get trim readings. You can expect to get at least RPM, fuel flow, water pressure (with optional sensor installed), oil pressure, total engine hours and likely trip hours and trip fuel used if supported by your unit. Add an advanced GPS puck and you may be surprised at the added accuracy - next on my list.

This set up seems to be working fine but it was just done this week so who knows what I may have screwed up - nothing evident so far, therefore, if I can do it so can you. There is plenty of info on the net and on the Lowrance web site and you should check the Furuno site for whatever may be peculiar to their products. I am sure you will have responses from the appropriate expert on this site and if you really meant 0183 then you have wasted your time reading this post. Have fun.

Ray

Comment

Yamaha makes a Gateway Module that allows certain engine data to be shown on NMEA 2000 network , there are 2 modules one for Command Link and one for Command Link Plus, this is the one for command link.. MAR-GTWAY-KT-00, hope this helps..

Comment

Go here
        http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/a...amaha-f150.pdf

Comment

Working...
        X