2001 Yamaha 225 OX66 – Saltwater Series II Puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Yamaha 225 OX66 – Saltwater Series II Puzzle

Over the last year and 1/2 my throttle has been giving out but in the last 6 months I have made the following repairs and still have the same problem.

Replaced: fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, all mechanical fuel pumps, six coil, o2 sensor, fuel line, water separator (housing and filter), TPS, thermal switch, changed CKP sensor and all fuel filters, we ran it with separate tank and key switch and single battery. We even swapped out the stator and pick-up coil and still we take out the boat and the engine cuts in and out then the engine doesn’t want to run anymore.

Yamaha mechanics have checked it out and it seemed to run ok for four trips. Yamaha mechanic said he synchronized the TPS and adjusted the throttle bodies. On last of the 4 trips, going out we accelerated out of the channel the boat choked. I backed off the throttle and slowly accelerated and boat ran fine. On the 5th trip the same thing happened and wouldn’t go past 9 mph and now Boat US knows me on a first name basis.

So I’m writing this forum post in hopes that someone out there can help!

your going to have to have it checked,while its dying, by a master tech that takes it personal.

Comment

Working...
    X