Starboard Trim ram broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starboard Trim ram broken

Hiya guys. SO, I think I may have done this to the trim ram on the starboard side. I made the mistake of trimimg down while in reverse and the engine slammed down.
    It resulted in breaking off part of the piston/ram on the starboard side. The rod that pushes against the ball bearing on the bracket.
    Well, it is enough of a break that when trimmed in, it all ready tore the dust shield.
    Is this s part that can be changed out? I had the seals done years ago. The ones that use the splanner wrench.
    Thanks
    2000 Wellcraft 270 Coastal Tournament Edition
    Twin 2000 200 OX-66

actually I have seen that happen just cause.
    if the cap is not damaged it will require new seals and a new ram.

Comment

Until I get the parts and change it out, I will not trim all the way down to avoid the damaged ram from tearing the seal any further.
      Was not sure that I could buy the ram and other part, let alone be able to change it out.

Thanks for your help!
      Last edited by Operaman; 05-19-2013, 09:58 AM.
      Twin 2000 200 OX-66

Comment

dunno about new, most likly still avalible.
        however there are a ton of used ones floating about.

Comment

rodbolt, I did find new. It appears I can do this while the boat is in the water. It is high enough, will be a little awkward.
          Now, is this something you would do in the water? The last time I had the seals done was when I had the shiftrod changed.
          I was gonna do it myself, but since it was there for that, I added that to the work. Also, I seemed to free one of the locks to keep the engine up, you know, the ones that swing down manually.
          If you have done this, do you lose alot of fluid? I have to get my hands on the spanner wrench. I have all the seals that
          are called for that attach to the piston/ram. Everything new except the top cap, which was changed when I had the seals done.

Thanks again for your help.
          Twin 2000 200 OX-66

Comment

Working...
          X