Carburator check valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carburator check valve

Stupid me!!!! Last fall I took carbs off to rebuild. Thats not a problem.... Then I decided I would replace fuel lines and vacuum lines. I marked the check valve that goes to the accelerator pump thats behind carb 4 and now I am not sure which way it goes. Should have written down which way the mark was. To long between fall and spring for old guy to remember. Please help.....

whats even dumber?? my computer.
    it wont even tell me what motor you're disscussing.

Comment

Sorry about that.. The motor is a 80 hp Yamaha..4 stroke.. 2001...Maybe that will help your computer.. My problem, among the many, is my mind.

Comment

I believe he was shooting for a Model # just to make sure you are correct on the year among other things

Comment

I know the mind thing.
          crystal ball broke,magic wand is missing only thing left is my mind and it wanders.

I cant remember the check valve orintation out of memory.
          its part of the acceleration enrichment system.
          I dont have the manual here at the house.

Comment

well as I was sitting here thinking,a wee bit to early for drinking.

the bottom carb,#4, should have two small fittings on the inboard side.
            1 horizontal and the other pointed up at about 45*.

now a bit about how the system works.

at rapid acceleration the engine needs additional fuel.
            this is accomplished via the diaphram assy mounted on the intake and connected to #4 carb.
            when the diaphram is pushed it forces air into the 4 lines.
            this raises the air pressure inside the float chamber increasing the air/fuel ratio.
            so back to check valves.

the inline valve arrow will point to the 45* fittings on the carbs.
            the #4 carb horizontal fitting is actually another one way valve.
            the horizontal fitting line will wrap back around to the inlet/diaphram side of the inline check valve.
            this allow air back into the diaphram without pulling fuel from the bowl.

Comment

Thanks for explanation, that helped a lot. Hopefully the carb rebuilts and new fuel pumps helps with my RPM issue... Thanks again...

Comment

Working...
              X