Yamaha 130BETO year confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 130BETO year confusion

Hi all, my friend has the above engine, the code being: Yamaha 130 BETO, 6L1, UL, 703828, Y

Looking at the marinshopen.se website, it states that it is a 1995 model. However, looking at other Yamaha sites, it says that the 'Y' code relates to the year 2000!

Looking for workshop manuals for a 1995 engine, I can only find these models listed, and cannot find a specific BETO reference:
    130TLRT
    130TXRT
    L130TXRT

I was thinking of buying a Clymer manual for Yamaha Outboard engines, 1990-1995, 2-strokes, 2 to 250bhp.

Will these engines be the same as a BETO? I'm particularly looking for help with bleeding and filling the tilt and trim, as it is making a grating shuddering noise and not moving, and putting a new main key switch on a 703 remote.

Many thanks

John

130BETO and 130TXRT are exactly the same model.
    According the serial # you supplied that motor was manufactured in 1995

Comment

That's great almetelo, many thanks for your help. I was convinced it was a 1995 unit, but the lack of reference to the BETO model was confusing. I've seen lots of 130TXRT references. I'll look for the correct manual now and see if I can sort the tilt and trim

Comment

What do you need? Service manual or know any parts #?

Comment

I was after a service manual. We have bought some Dextron ll but it was the fact of finding where the reservoir is (I think its between the pistons), and the best way to refill. I know that I will have to manually lift the engine and then remove the fill plug, but then what is the process of filling and bleeding.

As far as the main remote switch goes, we have bought a replacement (not cheap!), and I have a schematic of it. I believe that I have to have the unit in gear before I disassemble.

The boat is over 200 miles away in Ireland (we are in England) so I want to make sure that we have everything sorted before we go fishing.

Comment

control box in N, battery switch OFF.
            dissasemble and reassemble the box.

trim is self bleeding, just cycle it up and down a few times.

Comment

Thanks for the help both, very much appreciated. I will still try and get hold of a service manual just in case there are any other unexpected surprises!

John

Comment

the manuals typically dont even show a control box.
                look online for a yamaha rigging guide of about 2007 or so.

Comment

Thanks for that, I've found it, and have printed it out. I will still try and get hold of a Clymer manual for the engine as well for any engine related issues.

Comment

The one from Yamaha for that motor would be a better one, but some like both .

to each his own

Comment

Thanks 99yam40, I have managed to get hold of a PDF version of the Yamaha manual to view on a laptop, but might get the Clymer as well and leave on the boat.

Comment

Working...
                      X