need help verifying flush port behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help verifying flush port behavior

Bought a boat with a 95 yamha 150 salt water series. For some reason the seller didn't think the flush port worked, he thought water didn't get to the head like it was clogged.

First off tattletell works great and strong in the water and no overheating so far.

Here's the behavior on the flush port. Engine not running out of the water on the flush port, water comes out the hub and lower vents. NO water comes out the tattle tell.

^ Is that correct behavior?

For grins i put the boat in the water, engine running, water out of tattletell. If i pull the flush port with the engine running in the water no water comes out the flush port?, however i do notice 2 stroke exhaust comes out there a bit. What is that? i'd expect water i'd think.

Does it sound like the flush port will flush the head and if this is correct behavior? I can't seem to find much info on the routing of this thing. On a honda i had it was pretty clear, water bypassed the thermostat into the head so you knew it routed through the head.

I'd prefer to flush on the port without the engine running, but the seller has me suspicious or maybe they weren't to knowledgable in this regard.

Thanks!

A 1995 didn't come with a factory fresh water flush attachment, some one may have added it and wouldn't have any idea how it was installed.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure it's factory, it could be a 95 or 96 though i'd have to check. The diagrams on the site show the 95 and 96 as having a flush port though.

Comment

May have a restriction in hose or fittings or not enough water pressure from garden hose.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X