Alarm stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm stopped working

Well it worked a few minutes earlier and now the alarm does not come on when I turn the key like before. Engine starts but no alarm. Is their a fuse some place? I checked the ones I could find all good. It's a 1997 Yamaha saltwater series 2 S200txrv

from what I have read single motor rigs do not alarm on key on only duel set ups do

Comment

yea that's what I read here too but mine was doing it 5 minutes earlier lol

Comment

if its a single engine and the alarm was sounding at key on, thats when it was broke

NO single engine yamaha was ever made for the US market that self tested the alarm at key on power.
        ONLY correctly rigged twin and triples or quads will self test at key on.

most V4 and all V6 will sound the alarm,as a test, if the emergency stop lanyard is removed(or the white stop wire shorted to ground) and the starter engaged.

if on a single yamaha installation you get an alarm at key ON engine OFF, its broke.

Comment

Its a single engine. The alarm would turn on with key on and engine not on before, now it will not. So sounds like normal now lol. The alarm was also working properly for a problem last year when the oil sensor on the engine in the tank on the engine stopped working.

So I guess I will just say it works and hope for the best lol

Comment

So you have had this motor for a long time
            and it always alarmed at key on with out motor running before?

Or it just started alarming at key on lately and now stopped?

Did it stop alarming when running?

Maybe you need to test to make sure you did not burn it out and you have a problem still

Comment

Working...
            X