No oil transfer from main tank to engine oil tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No oil transfer from main tank to engine oil tank

Hi need some help trouble shooting a no oil transfer problem so far I have the digital gauges. Now reads on yellow low oil the emergence stwich does work but there is no oil transfer under normal operating conditions I changed the control box now going to changes the sending unit in the tank on the boat it does the the letter H stamped on it do you think is will work thanks Rob this is a 1999 S 130 outboard
    Last edited by Robado1967; 05-01-2013, 02:29 PM.

do a simple search on here,Rodbolt has covered this in detail many times, look for precision blend, or posts by him.

Comment

yes i was looking it might be the swb wires but were would i look for the i have a seloc manual but it doesnt have a good wiring diagram

Comment

is the SWB remote switch the one on the engine to fill up the oiltank incase of an emergencys

Comment

it look like the SWB switch is in the remote tank just checking is that the tank on the boat?? thanks

Comment

yes remote tank is in the hull

Comment

SWB is in the remote tank.
              its a simple ON or OFF switch.
              OFF,low tank level, it illuminates the yellow,or center bar, indicate and automatic transfer is INHIBITED.

remember, electroonics are STUPID, almost as bad as some humans.

when ANY part of the circuit for SWB opens, the oil control simply ASSUMES the switch opened.

Comment

Thanks Rodbolt I have read most of your threads here about this problem I tested the sending unit with ohm meter and not getting any thing in Esther direction ?? So thinking its bad then going to check the black/ and black/ red wires all the way back to the control Box to see if any breaks in the lines

Comment

there is no sending unit.
                  its an on or off switch.
                  thats all it does, opens or closes the circuit.
                  circuit closed it illuminates the green,circuit open it illuminates the yellow.
                  a quick test you ask? use a set of jumper cables,avalible from radio shack, unplug the 4 pin connector at the remote tank.
                  jump the black to black red.
                  turn on the key and you should have a green lamp.
                  if not jump from black/red to the engine block.
                  if you now go green its a bad black lead,if not its most likly on the black red.
                  see how quick and simple this is?

Comment

Thanks Roldbolt: put the jumper between black/ red and the black wires and now green light back on problem solved bad on/off SWB switch thank you for expertise help I hope people will look at theses post very helpful thank again Rob

Comment

oil still not transferring

Hi Rodbolt17 my new on -off switch came in today and i replaced it in the tank that is in the boat... the yellow light is now off and back to green witch is great the oil level on the engine tank is at its lowest before the buzzer goes off- with the engine running it will still not fill the main engine tank and the emergence switch will work. do you have any more suggestions for me thanks Rob...

Comment

Now check the float switch in the tank on motor to make sure those switches function properly. It is either those, the wiring, or the module.

Comment

Hi i do have question on the module i have a 1999 130 i replaced the module two week ago it came with resistor spark plug caps and my old one did not have these i read on one of rodbolt fourms that i might have a mercury switch under the oil tank might i have this on my engine?? im thinking of going back to the old module to retry it ??? thanks Rob...

Comment

Ok this is funny went back and installed the old module and now every thing works fine any answers to that??

Comment

on the new module I believe you needed to hook up a wire to pulser or something to show it the motor was running instead of the mercury switch.

Should have had instructions with the kit

Comment

Working...
                              X