best tip for the week!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best tip for the week!!!

I'm 52 and have been at this with a passion my whole (short) life.....but, I keep findind guys working on boat motors without this AWSOME tool called a craftsmen cotter pin remover tool.....I could not think of going to work without it...I/O'S,,and inboards the most..it releaves/breaks loose/remove's those god damn hoses of any size and cal. that are stuck like a SOB !! all donations for this tip are to be sent to any dog vets bill !!

a picture would have helped people know what it was

Comment

I have one in every tool box, work, home, shop, farm.
      It also works well along with a string to install the older rubber gasketed windshields.

My 2 labs took care of the vets income!!!

Comment

I have several of these but never knew they were for cotter pins. They came with sets and used them for tight places or corners where a screw driver or pick did not work. Thanks for the tip

Comment

Ya know, I have a few broken screw drivers from those GD hoses, and "stuff". You gave me a great idea how I can grind them down and use them now!

Comment

Great tool. Here's another tip to go with the original tip. Put white lithium grease on the tip, then work it around between the hose and the fitting. The grease prevents the tool from tearing the hose and lubes it so the hose slides right off. White grease doesn't hurt anything and wipes off easier than others.

Comment

Working...
            X