VX250 TLRC OX 66 low speed overheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VX250 TLRC OX 66 low speed overheat

I searched the forums for some info but didn't really see what I was looking for. Overheats at idle speed after a couple of minutes. Water pressure at 19 lbs. strong water flow at pee pipe. Pick up the rpms to get water pressure to 20 lbs. and after acouple of minutes , alarm clears.25- 30 lbs . pressure when running. Runs fine. Maintenance history include replacing the PRV with new style 2 yrs ago along with water pump impellor. Pulled PRV and checked it everything seemed OK.Motor was checked for compression by dealer and everything was fine.Any info appreciated.

Overheating

Might be excessive build up in watercooling pathways, if motor wasn't flushed reg.sa you can pull a head cover and see how much build up there is, check your sacraficial anodes too. pulled mine and cleaned, did head also, ran alot cooler. remember, pressure does not equal volume, pee hole jost lets u know water is circulating, if alot of build up at water jacket covers, u should check riser off water pump too. good luck

Comment

Check temp sending unit also could be fouled/bad

Comment

Buy a genuine service manual, and look for "poppit valve"

Comment

Working...
        X