Hard to start 1995 130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard to start 1995 130

I have twin 130's and never had a problem till lately. one of them starting running very rough would barely run...pulled both carbs( found a little varnish not much) clean them using berrymans chemtool carb cleaner. put them back on and changed plugs. Once it is running it runs very good just very difficult to start...pump the bulb give a little throttle (like normal) it will pop once just enough to disengage the starter. Will do this many times almost to the point of running the battery down and finally it will start. then you can kill it and just a touch of the key will automatically start it until it sits for a while. any recommendations???

Check choke plates are closing completely when choke is on.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

checked plates after pulling off spark arrester....there in lies the problem when I originally pulled the arrester to rebuild the carbs I had the solenoid out of adjustment. the rod inside the solenoid was bottoming out and not letting the plates close....I thought they were closed because that's as far as they would go even with the manual choke, it was just bottoming out in the solenoid. readjusted solenoid....plates closed all they way...motor starts right up every time. Just FYI....

Comment

Working...
      X