X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '05 f250

HI,
    got a pair of f250's on my parker 2820. The port engine cut out under way
    and would not restart. Gage said check engine, no audible alarm. Engine seems starved for fuel. Mechanic checked fuel pump which seems to be working.
    He wants to return with laptop to check computer and feels that the computer brain has shut down the fuel system.
    What would cause this? Any ideas?

Thank You,
    DJ

I think you have a scarecrow for a mechanic.
    maybe a trip to Oz would help.

that motor has 2 electric fuel pumps.
    both have to work or it shuts off.

so far I have never seen a failure of the F250 computer except a few that were damaged by a defective water pressure sensor or a speedometer sensor failure.

if equipped with speed or water pressure sensors for the command link gauges, the original sensors are under a recall.

the original 17mm hex sensors could fail and push water up the wireing harness and cause ECU failures.

in extreme freshwater cases, water has actually dripped out of the key switch assy.

we have a few techs here in my area that love to jump on the faulty ECU wagon.
    1 owns at least 3 spare ECU's for various engines.

the F250 does not monitor fuel pressures so you would not get a check engine indicate.
    turn the key on,tap mode button on tach.
    then press and hold mode button for about 15 seconds, any stored codes will appear.

Comment

Working...
    X