Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct digital gauges for my twin 150's

Hello,

I need to replace my digital gauges due to what I assume is sun damage to the LCD's. They are appearing mottled and faded and just downright hard to see. Unfortunately, I cannot afford the thousand some odd dollars it will cost for all four factory new units. Boats.net has the best price and includes free delivery. I appreciate that but I am going to have to ***** around ebay and boat yards and settle for some salvage units for now.

Somewhere I had heard that at some point Yamaha changed the configuration of some of the wiring from four wires to three or something on some of the gauges.

Can someone explain what I am looking for as far as the identification of the correct used parts for my twin SX / LX 150TXRY year 2000 SWS2 powerplants.

Is it the Tach's that changed wiring? Which do I need? What do I look for when inspecting/considering a possible candidate?

I need (in order of needs) a speedometer, a fuel management, and two tachometers. At this point, the two tachometers are readable but I have to stare real hard with my tired old eyes to try to see the speedometer/fuel gauge/clock.

Thank you.
    If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

1994- 2004 gauges will work.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you, that helps. Kinda.

I was really hoping that you would be able to tell me what gauge did Yamaha change in 2004 (tach I believe) and how, if I came across a box of undated and unidentified Yamaha tach's that look similar, how I would choose.

Thank you again for the 94-2004 information, that is more than I knew an hour ago. I was just hoping that you might be able to confirm the tach changed from four wires to three wires in 2004 and look for the purple orange green and pink wires in the female plug or fill in the correct information here.
      If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

Working...
      X