Yamalube Ring Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamalube Ring Free

i just found a very old bottle of Yamalube Ring Free buried in my garage. Does this stuff go bad? The consistancy is very think like gear oil and I don't remember it being that thick.

any help would be great.

Ringfree is fairly thick/concentrated and I doubt it would go bad....but who knows?...

Comment

ring free is a petrolium based product and will go bad,, if it is more than 2 years old i would not use it.. probably wont hurt anything, but it wont help either.. not worth the chance..

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoiha View Post
        ring free is a petrolium based product and will go bad,, if it is more than 2 years old i would not use it.. probably wont hurt anything, but it wont help either.. not worth the chance..
        I think it’s from 1987!!...i guess i should just chuck it..

anyone have a contact of a yamalube engineer,..I could give them a call ?

Comment

Ringfree is made by the Oronite Additives Division of Chevron....at $50/quart it might be worth a phone call to Oronite....then again, that stuff is 25 years old!...let us know what they say...

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
            Ringfree is made by the Oronite Additives Division of Chevron....at $50/quart it might be worth a phone call to Oronite....then again, that stuff is 25 years old!...let us know what they say...
            Ok I will try and call this week..and thanks.

Comment

old stuff

the only thing that dosnt go bad with age is Barbra Eden...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
                I called Oronite Additives (510 242 3371) and left a message with Jacques Cazin . I am waiting call back.

Comment

Chunk it and get on with your life.

A new bottle is like $17 - $18. A new engine $2,000 - $20,000. To use it or not isn't a hard decision for me. If I would have spent as much time on my marriage as I did taking care of my outboard, I wouldn't be twice divorced!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattersnot View Post
                    A new bottle is like $17 - $18. A new engine $2,000 - $20,000. To use it or not isn't a hard decision for me. If I would have spent as much time on my marriage as I did taking care of my outboard, I wouldn't be twice divorced!
                    They said not to use it...it has about a 5 year shelf life.

tony

Comment

Well, that's the word from the manufacturer....but of course they'd love to sell you some "fresh" Ringfree....but I'd buy some new Ringfree and not take a chance...

Comment

and that is a 5 year shelf life in a con*****ed enviroment, if it ever saw any warehouse time or heat at all, like I said before, if it is more than 2 years old throw it away..

Comment

Working...
                        X