2005 F250TXL engine flushing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 F250TXL engine flushing.

Anyone have any ideas what happened when I flushed my port engine which was at operating temp and no water came out of the pee hole?. I have always had a stream in the past and always use Salt away. My starboard engine worked fine. I flush both motors at the upper hose flush connection with the motors tilted up.
    It seemed like more water came out of the lower end, and it made more noise than the starboard engine. Both engines had water peeing out normally while under way and each had 25 lbs. of water pressure. No heating problem and ran great. Something has changed. Stuck thermostat or a line clogged?

flushing

What do mean as to more noise ??? your not running the motor with upper hose hookup I hope !!! and tilted up ????

Comment

Flushing

Sorry I misled you. No I don't run engines while tilted up or when flushing at the upper hose flushing connection. When I said the port engine made a lot more noise during flushing than the starboard was that I could hear way more rushing water noise coming from the lower part of the engine than the starboard engine made when I flushed it.
      I could also see more water was coming out. It almost appeared that there was a hole inside the engine. I am not sure where to start on this one. This can't be the first time this has happened are is it?

Comment

you may wish to have the lower unit pulled and a bore scope inspection done of the exhaust stack.
        when tilted down in the water in normal running position.
        is either engine ex noise louder than the other??

Comment

Flushing

There is no difference in exhaust noise are sound level from idle on up.
          307 hrs. on both motors and no codes or heating history.

/

Comment

typically,if the tell tale is not clogged, its the first sign of either a leaking pressure control valve or a cracking divider plate in the oil pan/exhaust stack.

Comment

recall

there was problem with the exhaust on the 2000 to I think 2005..maybe up to 2004...I have seen when a thermy stuck open would also not discharge from the T/T or pee hole

Comment

Working...
              X