2007 50TLR will not idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 50TLR will not idle

Ok just bought a Key Largo that has a 07 Yamaha 50tlr . Purchased from a elderly Man and had only 30hrs on it but has been sitting for a while . So I have changed the foot oil, plugs, fuel /water separator filter, drained all the old gas and refilled with fresh ethanol free gas. Motor fires right up but only idles for a few second before going dead. Now if I give it throttle it will sit an run fine at 1000rpms with not problem. but when I return to idle it dies. Also All this is done with muffs and water hose the motor pees water fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sounds like carbs need to be cleaned after sitting for all those years.
    Make sure you do the link and sync like service manual states after reinstalling.
    Make sure you clean up the prime start system/passages and test to make sure it is functioning properly.

The oil tank, check valves, and lines may need attention also

Comment

Do the carbs have low pressure jets that kick in when the motor is at idle?

Comment

the carbs have pilot jets and main jets

Comment

Thanks for the help I will get the manual out and start with the suggestions.

Comment

idle jets

You might try running a heavy dose of "SEAFOAM" tru the carbs at the setting that it runs at and then let it sit over night..making sure you have run it long enough to get the seafom/gas mix in the carbs....then try running at idle...small tip: when you know you have the seafoam up in the carbs,, jab the throttle 6/8 times for making a high vacuum to pull tru all circuts......the high vacuum happens after you release or close the throttle.... K&T

Comment

Working...
            X