2004 Yamaha 2 stroke runs bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Yamaha 2 stroke runs bad

I just obtained this 40hp motor and tried it out. It starts up fairly well , but when I put it in gear and started forward it will barely move,and running very bad. I took it home, put on water hose. I pulled plug wires off one at a time . The top cylinder showed no change when I pulled the plug wire ,the other two did. The top plug is is firing, so the coil must be working. What else could be the problem. Thanks for any help
    Last edited by keyman38363; 04-21-2013, 01:38 PM.

check spark plugs and spark in each coil,then if you have spark in each coil then your problem is in the carburetor get it cleaned properly and bingo it should work

Comment

not so fast !!!

it can also be a faulty trigger, loose or missing magnet,,bad ground and a bunch of other things...if you get to run at a high idle,, try using a small portable propane torch (not lit) or starter fliud on the suspect cylinder..and if improves then r n r carb...also can be a bad,cracked,rusted reed valve...they do make starter fluid with twc 3 oil if you can find it !! oops,,did you ck compression??

Comment

Working...
      X