Water Pump Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pump Question

I just purchased a Yamaha 2004m 90HP 4 stroke. I noticed when flushing water came out everywhere. When I put it in Trash can full of water the water was not strong coming out. Just kind of dripping out the little hole. I know its not clogged because it flushed out fine when I hooked the hose to the hook up. I found a you tube video. Pulled the lower unit off. Everything looked fine. On the video it said the shaft should only turn one way. I could turn both ways easily. Do I need to change my pump out. $$$. Whats some other troubleshooting tips before spending that money? Also when cranked and going into gear there is some clicking. going into forward and reverse. Just right after neutral then it goes away.

Remember when you have the hose hooked up you have city water pressure forcing water through the system and when in a bucket of water you are are static pressure....
    The hardest part of a water pump change is dropping the lower unit! Cost wise it is fairly cheap considering other items on outboards are quite expensive.

I also have a F90. Did you pull the tube off of the plastic exit hole to make sure a little rock isn't clogging the hole? This was my problem about 3 months ago.

Cheers!

Comment

I did the hose hooked on the suction cups too. Only dribbled. But with the hose hook up to the flush connector it pees a steady stream.

Comment

Working...
      X