Converting back to Oil injection - 96 L/S200TXRU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting back to Oil injection - 96 L/S200TXRU

Purchased a boat last summer, with '96 T-200 Yamaha L/S200TXRU engines. Previous owner changed to premix. One issue, didnt keep any of the parts.

Both engines as they sit. Block off plate and gasket installed where oil pump once lived. Hoses, check valves, clamps from pumps to intake not present. Capped nipples at intake. On engine tank & level sensor present.

I want to convert back to oil injection. Looking to purchase good used parts. Seems like piece meal all new parts is pricy for 2 complete set ups. (I am cheap, and try to save $$ where I can)

Does anyone have complete set ups, they removed and would like to part with?
    Figure someone has these stored after removal.

Already purchased:
    2 - remote tanks, hose, wiring
    2 - pumps
    1 - shaft

Not opposed to buying complete (from shaft to intake) to get all the parts.

Mods - If this violates policy please delete.

Update - Ran into a major snag (in my eyes). I acquired most of the parts and found a show stopper this weekend.

Appears, both powerheads, do NOT have the gear present on the crankshaft, in order to drive the oil pump driven gear.

Hind sight - probably should have checked for gear before collecting parts, who knew. LOL

Just seems odd, for new powerheads (unknown to me, where new from), to come without the gear. Is this common?

Also, what is involved to add gear to both engines? Is it as simple as pulling powerheads and adding gear? ..or do they have to come apart, to access crank were gear is needed?

Thinking pre-mix for the foreseable future.

Comment

Working...
    X