2000 40hp wont's start after non use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 40hp wont's start after non use

g'day guys, i have a 40hp manual start tiller 4 stroke, it hasn't been started for 18 months and now i can't get it going. new fuel, new plugs and spraying aerosol engine starter into the air filter but it doesn't even look like starting. after a dozen or so pulls my arm had had enough. any ideas what i can do? thanks in advance, matt

Check compression, check spark to plugs, probably will have to remove and clean carbs.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

there is a spray called start ya bastard in oz so if you can get a can of it spray it in the chamber and if it fires then you know you have carburater problems and if dosent then you know you have ignition problems

Comment

i've given it a go with start ya bastard and nothing. it's getting fresh fuel, it looks like no spark. could that be wire corrosion or faulty kill switch?

Comment

Could be one of those.
          Best to get Yamaha service manual and start testing to see where the voltage is being lost.
          If voltage into CDI is good but no output then key switch, kill switch, wiring, or CDI( but CDI is rare)

Comment

Working...
          X