2004 Yamaha 115 hp 2 stroke- emergency buzzer NOT work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Yamaha 115 hp 2 stroke- emergency buzzer NOT work

I am a little perplexed here, even after searching. When I turn my single key on, I get a short beep from the buzzer, like normal. If I pull the Emergency Stop Lanyard off...No Beep.

I have tested the ESS switch per the Service manual; it has no continuity when the lanyard is in place, remove it, it has continuity,per the manual

It worked a few weeks ago, as I always crank over motor for a second or 2 with lanyard removed to help drain any remaining water out, when I put on trailer.

Motor run great, no lights flashing on Yamaha Tach/Guage.

Any ideas as to where to look further?

more info

further testing reveals that completing circuits on the Thermo switches does NOT sound alarm.

Both battery ground and ground at starter are clean, and tight.

Now what?

Comment

Ok, getting closer.

Beep I am hearing at initial turn of key is NAVMAN Flowmeter, Not Yamaha Buzzer. When Thermo Switche leads are connected, it does throw an overheat indication onto the Yamaha guage (The bar above the Temp flashes)

So I am hoping it's just the buzzer that is bad... can it be replaced or, entire key assembly has to be replaced...?

Comment

Ok. Removed buzzer, hit with a little corrosion X, jumped across battery, it went from a light buzz to working fine and loud after tapping on it a bit. Re-installed buzzer..buzzer goes off when either thermo switch is bypassed. Overheat Light flashes and buzzer works. So I have made some progress.

But, when Lanyard is pulled, Buzzer still does not activate.

I will go back to my original question...now what/where to look?

thanks in advance, as my head is raw from scratching it...

Comment

last thing I could think of in my process of elimination/guessing. It Started right up on hose; pulling lanyard kills motor as it should; but does not sound buzzer.

Help?

Comment

fixed

Just read through a thread from Rodbolt from 2010..."a quick test on the v4 and v6 alarms is to pull the stop lanyard and crank the motor.
            if the horn sounds while cranking all is good, if it does not then test the alarm and circuits for faults."

I was thinking it would sound in the ON position and lanyard pulled, but needs to be in Crank Position. Just tried to CRANK with lanyard pulled...you got it...buzzer sounded.

Thanks for having a place that trials and tribulations can be witnessed by all, maybe some one will learn something from my coulpe of hours.

overheat sounds alarm, lanyard while cranking ounds alarm. will test oil transfer switches later, to be sure.

thanks again, Mike

Comment

glad you got it cadillacing.
              while your testing the oil transfer and alarm, any idea what your trying to accomplish?

Comment

just trying to make sure all the alarms work. Like the buzzer not working..., I can easily miss a flashing light.

Trust, but verify

Confidence is high, but since i rigged/installed everything myself, I just need to make sure it stays correct.

Comment

actually your looking for a few things when you drain the engine tank.
                  1 is water/contamination.
                  2 is does the alarm work.
                  3 is can the transfer pump refill the tank in its allotted 180 second transfer.

there is a method to my madness/questions occasionally.

Comment

Working...
                  X