fourwheeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fourwheeler

I have a 2001 yamaha badger fourwheeler i just moved back and it has been sitting for a year or two but it is not getting any spark to the sparkplug i got a new sparkpluge and a new sparkplug coil but still nothing all wires are conected so what should i do

Your on an outboard engine forum....

You may want to check the water in your battery and fully charge as well as do a load test on it.

If there's no juice, it won't fire up the ignition.

You can use a 12 volt car battery to jump start it, just DO NOT HAVE THE CAR ENGINE RUNNING, it will damage the electrics of the 4 wheeler.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

it will turn over and act like it is going to start and i just got a new battery but when it turns over it ant sparking and wont fire up any more ideas

Comment

Originally posted by justin wright View Post
        it will turn over and act like it is going to start and i just got a new battery but when it turns over it ant sparking and wont fire up any more ideas
        Check all your electrical connetors including cleaning any grounds(make sure their clean). If the machine has an ECU, make sure the main harness contacts are nice and clean. There should also be a pick up sensor (with two wires) near the crankshaft, (likely the right side)make sure its connected and the connections again are clean.

If you have a voltage tester, check the battery, fully charged it should be around 12.8 volts, cranking, it shouldn't drop below 11 volts or so.

I'm assuming it ran before (had spark) when you last used it (and it went into hibernation)?
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

ok ill see and i dont hae a engishion swith so i am going to hot wire it could that be it

Comment

oh and yes it was running great before

Comment

Working...
            X