low rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low rpm

My engine is a 91 115 carb'd converted to premix.Ran out today a few miles...engine ran great.I shut it down to do some fishing.Upon starting it back up and trying to run in the engine was bogging and would only go up to about 2500 rpm.Also it would stall out sometimes if you gave it gas too fast.Any ideas guys?

blake,
    Hard to tell if it is fuel related or ignition related. I'm gonna guess fuel.
    The most likely suspect would be the fuel pump, or the filters. Check all filters. Take the boat for a spin and when the motor starts bogging down, pump the primer bulb (gonna take two people). If the motor responds to the bulb being primed, then I would suspect weak fuel pump - or possibly anti-siphon valve (if you have one on your fuel tank).
    Could be spark advance not function properly - check the mechanical spark advance linkage that ties into the carb linkage.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

could be fuel starvation,spray fuel from a bottle in each throat and listen for a change as you run it on the hose. your `91 carbs probably need a good cleanin and if your pumps are over 5 yrs, i would change them as preventative maint. how was the fishin out there today??...damn i need to get out there.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.I'm gonna try some Seafoam and check out the fuel pump.JB,We got a few dolphin today in about 500 feet of water...they were small in the 8-12lb range.

Comment

Working...
        X