Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine bracket suggestions please.

Hello,
    So I need to purchase or contract to build a new engine bracket/swim platform for my year 2000 Bluewater sportfishing 2350 boat.

The original Armstrong bracket suffers corrosion, erosion and electrolysis to a scrap condition. 4000.00 for a factory replacement. I live here in town where Armstong is based.

I currently have twin 150 yamaha ox66's with about 450 hours and in visually good condition. They run well also, mounted 27" centers.
    Forward thinking, I should plan that somewhere down the road (or should I say channel) I am going to repower.

Should I have the bracket built to accept a wider spread between engines to accommodate four strokes?

How would my current engines perform if I were to mount them at 30" or 32" centers? What is the current spacing between four stroke engines and also other manufacturers mercury, Honda, Suzuki

Should I have it built structurally to accept being drilled out later but mount the engines at the current 27"

Your anticipate input and replies are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

2 Stroke engines need 26 inch minimum centers and 4 stroke need 28 1/2 inches minimum, you can mount 2 strokes wider than 26.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Stainless marine

I found a stainless marine bracket that appears to be everything I was looking for. $2500. Another guy had his hands on it as I pulled the boat up to compare it for final look see.

I wonder if it was an employee or distant cousin playing a role.

28 1/2" spread and just need to weld in my swim ladder and paint to match.

Thank you boats for the data!

Comment

the f150 and the new F200 inline four, may be a bit narrower than your current engines,
        possibly lighter as well.

Comment

Need new tie bar....ABA-DUALT-IE-BR

So I changed out the bracket, 5200 is fun.

In rigging, the existing tie bar is too short. In fact, the 5 threads on each end was a little scary to find that she was being run with so little engagement in the tie rod ends.

ABA-DUALT-IE-BR Yamaha part number for my SX150TXRY / LX150TXRY.

Can someone verify that this will work out to 28 1/2" centers?

Thank you all for your continued support and camaraderie!

Comment

Working...
          X