yamaha 50 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 50 2002

This engine will not power up when you increase throttle it starts to act like it misses. the carbs have bee done ,replaced the cdi box , had the crank looked at and repaired # 2 was turned. crank now welded so that shouldnt be a problem. any suggestions?

testing compression, spark, and timing will tell you if there is a problem with those.
    then you are left with fuel/air mixture being out of wack
    Too much or too little will not let cylinder to fire properly

Might check to make sure fuel pump is not leaking into #3 crankcase and causing too rich of a mix

Having to press apart crank and put back together takes a special set up, what happed that caused the need? and did you fix what caused it to happen?

Comment

Thanks I have ck comp 120 all cyl spark jumps a good gap carbs have been cleaned and kits installed. The crank was done by a very good machine shop that specializes in that venue.This engine was sunk while running I believe thats what turned the crank. I have also replaced the cdi box just in case. It seems like the engine is misfiring when throttle is advanced, could it be one of the sensors? I am at wits end on this one.Plugs all look the same after I try running it on a muff.
      Last edited by Montana Minnow; 04-11-2013, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X