Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clicking turning prop in neutral after impeller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clicking turning prop in neutral after impeller?

Hi,

I changed the impeller on my F25TLRZ. Fwd, reverse work properly and she pumps water well when run in a garbage can.

I notice a subtle clicking when I spin the prop with engine off and in neutral, the clicking sounds a little more subtle counter clockwise than clockwise. Is the clicking normal?

My MityVac 8255 would only hold 5 psi and was leaking so I only pressure tested the lower unit to 5 psi. The oil was a little milky brown, I will keep an eye on it this season. If I need a lower unit why are 2 listed? Doesn't F25 TLRZ mean long shaft? Do I need the UR L? What does (M/T) mean next to UR S?

1 65W-45300-00-4D
    LOWER UNIT ASSY
    UR S (M/T)
    $1, 218.00 $1, 065.00 1
    1 65W-45300-10-4D
    LOWER UNIT ASSY
    UR L
    $1, 084.00 $947.50 1

Thank you

You don't have shift rod back togather right, prop should spin freely in neutral.
    You would need the "L" gearcase.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I put the shift rod back together in reverse because it is easier to get to the adjusting nut and lock nut. I thought I put the adjusting nut back the same number of turns but maybe things are worn its a 2001. I will back off the lock nut and adjusting nut and connect it while in neutral with my small metric ignition wrenches. If I still get the subtle clicking spinning the prop in neutral I will move the adjusting nut up or down 1 turn at a time and see if I can get the clicking to go away.

Comment

Working...
      X