Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flushing 2/225 yamahas l999

posted October 27, 2005 06:38 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When I shut off engine and tilt the engine up, I unscrew the garden-hose connector from thefitting on the bottom cowling(salt water model), I have an uneven flow of water from each engine. I replaced the water pump last year. The boat does not run hot and no alarms go off. Iwas told I may need new thermostats. The boat runs perfect. What could be the cause ofthis restriction?

Not sure what you mean by uneven flow, are you talking about water coming out of flush hose with engine not running? If you having trouble just with flush hose and not the engine then I would remove hose and check for blockage.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I have checked the hoses which are fine. What I mean with the engines not running when I flush the engines with fresh water,the starboard engine has a diminished flow fresh water coming out.

Comment

It's hard to compare garden hose pressure to engine water pump pressure, but if poor flow with both garden hose and water pump there may be a restriction in tell tale hose. If it's just while engine is running then ckeck thermostats and pressure control valve.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X