Lost power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost power

2000 115 tlry motor was running 4000 plus then shut down to 2000 rpm. I found warning buzzer, unpluged, plugged back in, buzzer will not go off. water pump good. good steam coming out. Has oil. how can I ck pressure? Plugs were fouled with gas and oil but not heavy. At same time tilt and trim went out. relay only click. Can all this be tied in together? HELP

Good steam coming out? That's not a good sign.
    I sent you the wiring diagram to your email. You check water pressure with a gauge through the 14mm plug at the top of each cylinder bank, near the heads. Yamaha WP gauge kits are metric, tubing and all.

Mike

Comment

Thanks for the info Mike. Ron

Comment

Ron - do you mean good "steam" or "stream"?
        I agree with Mike in that if you see steam coming out you have an overheat problem.
        I would first check the fuses under the hood of that 115 - I believe there are two - a 10 and 20 amp, or it may be 20 and 30.
        The trim/tilt should have nothing to do with the motor dropping rpm from 4000 to 2000 - your motor may be going into rpm reduction mode due to overheat or low oil signal.
        I would first check why the alarm is not sounding - you can disconnect the two wires (pink and black) that go to either thermo switch - about four inches away from the switch - bullet connectors. Short the two wires together (the ones that go back to the CDI) with the ignition on (motor need not be running). The alarm should sound. If not, then the alarm or associated wiring is bad, or the signal from the CDI.
        Are you getting any low oil indication on your gauges? I believe your motor will go into rpm reduction mode also if the local oil tank signals the CDI that the oil level has reached the lowest point.
        You need a Yamaha shop manual to help you troubleshoot the above procedures. You can order online at www.yamahpubs.com.
        Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
        Ken K

Comment

2 issues at one time...sounds like maybe a power issue or bad ground? ensure youre gettin 12+ volts at your fuses.strange your t/t would go at the same time as a reduction.let us know what you find.

Comment

Ken- Sorry for the spelling it's stream. Thank's for the help.

Comment

Working...
            X