Service How To

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service How To

Is there some where for a download of how to do a basic annual service of a 2005 Yam 25 hp four stroke? I want to have my two grandson's go through this with me and do it the right way. Doug

You can order a service manual at YAMAHA MANUAL STORE
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I think I downloaded a recommended service checklist on this forum.
      PM me and I can forward to your email.
      If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

I think I downloaded a recommended service checklist on the net.

Its more of a "what to do" and "when to do" as opposed to "how to do".

I agree with Boats.net, get a factory maintenance manual (much better in my opinion than a clymer)

Yamaha Maintenance Schedule: Here it is....
        http://www.yamahaoutboards.com/sites...nce_Charts.pdf

Comment

Yamaha maintenance specs: Might also help...

http://www.oakdaleyacht.com/Images/p...NEUP_SPECS.pdf

Thank you for making me look!

Comment

Thanks GATOR, sorry that my reply took so long but health problems took me away from the fun stuff.
            Originally posted by FabricGATOR View Post
            Yamaha maintenance specs: Might also help...

http://www.oakdaleyacht.com/Images/p...NEUP_SPECS.pdf

Thank you for making me look!

Comment

Your welcome, hope all is well.

I'm enjoying this forum as well as the technical nature of these engines..

Things sure have changed a bit in the last 28 years since I have been a marine tech and redirected focus into aviation. I enjoy these Yamahas and always appreciated how Yamaha designed and built my cycles.

I don't know much, but I still have a pretty good memory and can usually recollect data I have seen somewhere.

Have fun, and don't hesitate to ask if you have questions. Also, I try to search for my answer here before I ask a question that someone had to write a lengthy reply to last month. It seems to help with the guys if you acknowledge that you have researched first.

Cheers!

Comment

The grandsons loved running the Whaler, 1961, with25 hp Yam 2004 around the river. I restored the Whaler from teak to gel coat railings and blue flooring to just patching a ding from a docking uh-oh. I used the Fiberglas patch with hardener for that. I was going to change the foot grease but wanted to look at the manual. Doug

Comment

How many foot Boston whaler do you have ? ***, 1961, none of mine were ever that old. We had 1968' 13 footer first. Then came a 71 17 foot with a 115 that later had a replacement 140 power head because that was what was available.

Boston Whaler reported that Cyprus Gardens ran a boat like that and it ripped six skiers up, out of the water without a hesitation. It could drink a six gallon tank in twelve minutes at .76 cents a gallon for sky chief.

Enjoy!

Comment

Hi Gator, it is a 13' 6" Whaler with the old brass lifts on the double transom.

After the Army, the Winter Haven National Guard enlisted most of the Cypress Gardens Ski boys. Jerry Welch, Champion skier, several of the boat drivers, and others were friends of mine in the late 60's. We also had bronco and bull riders from the Silver Springs Rodeo. Most of the boats at that time were the inboards for the backward barefoot, pyramids, etc. They used the 13 Whalers for the Clown acts which were very acrobatic and were done by some of the very best. The Whaler would carry several clowns usually on trick skis', would turn on a dime and jump wakes as well as run up on the beach near as I can remember.....back when I was young...

Comment

Working...
                    X