Fuel filter water separator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel filter water separator

My son bought a new sho 250, got it back from dealer performed break end and took to another yamaha dealer to have some bugs worked out. The boat has the new multi gauges with bus bar. Trim doesn't work as well as speed sensor or water pressure. Had to have switches ordered they came in and yamaha tech said engine needed filter system installed to get water out, also needed stronger starting battery, and replaced it. Said that bus bar was butchered and would need a new one installed to get rig up and running. Total cost 2100.00, boat only has 7 hours on it. Is this a sham??? Bought from dealer 3 hours away, felt it was gonna cost 6 hours pulling back and forth with motel, get a local yamaha shop perform the tasks, and this is what was found, sham or legit?
    Last edited by njp62155; 04-03-2013, 10:15 AM. Reason: Spelling

sounds like the dealer doesnt give a crap about his CSI or customer service, the boat never should have left the dealer unless it was ready to hit the water, you should not have had to spend a dime on repairs,, I would contact the original dealer and inform him of the issue, fax him a copy of the repairs and suggest that he pay the bill, you will also get a CSI ( customer satifaction report) from Yamaha at 6 months, and if the repairing dealer filed a warranty claim you will get another one then, tell Yamaha how you really feel about the dealer, you can also call customer service and talk to them as well,, you picked a fine product dont get a bad taste in your mouth because of a not so good dealer...

Comment

I agree with sequoiha 110% and then some.
      I too have seen the butchered wireing by a rigger.
      yes sometimes there is not much room, however the connectors can be dissasembled and reassembled.
      just not by a minimum wage rigger.
      save all reciepts and work orders.
      your engine PID sheet should have been signed by YOU and the dealership.

Comment

Thanks for the info, picked up boat yesterday, local repair shop performed, battery replacement,water separator, primer bulb, and installed switches. 422.00 later. Then the kicker, i have notified Yamaha on wiring issues and sent pictures, the motor is now on call and until repairs are made motor has no warranty. Run it if you want, but you are on your own until engine harness been replaced. Can this guy do this, took the boat to another service center and he said that wires that were spliced were accessories only and no big deal, said he would get the little extension and hub 6 prong to 4 prong and hook it all back up, really no big deal after all. Will let y'all know of outcome.
        Last edited by njp62155; 04-05-2013, 08:17 AM. Reason: Add more info

Comment

Well local yamaha dealer(service)center ordered several parts came in and he installed, still the trim is not being recognized at the guage. He has reconnected wires that were cut blue/white and got the hub 4-6 prong, he told me yesterday that 2 leads are hot (red/black) on the hub. Can't find any wires for them to hook up to? I thought that the 6-4 prong takes care of that? He was going to call Yamaha today and try to get this taking care of. Says he is going to try to get my sons money back that was spent on items that should have been installed in the first place and not have been a burden to someone that just left Evinrude to get on board with Yamaha. Will like a opinion?

Comment

the red and black are power from the keyswitch to the hub.
            the blue and white are GPS/NEMA wires, may or may not be used.
            sounds like both dealers need a copy of the new rigging guide and maybe school certs on advanced installations.
            Yamaha actually has a 1 week course on rigging with command link on both DEC and non DEC as well as command link plus and command link.

the 2012 and 2013 MRP books have color detailed pictures of the rigging required, however ya gotta use it.

Comment

Working...
            X