command link install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• command link install

I am wanting to install 6Y8-0083R-70-00 (tach and speed/fuel gauges) on my boat which has Yamaha SHO 250. I need to know if there is any other kits or component needs to install and use all functionality of the system. Will I need a digital water pressure sensor or is that handled in the kit?

I have had discussions with 2 mechanics and one tells me that I should add a water pressure sensor and that installation kit MAR-CLPDI-KT-00 is needed to comeplete the install of the guages. The other tells me that I dont need the install kit, advise please.

Command link

I am in the midst of this same problem.If you go to this web sites purchase parts select your engine and go to electrical 1.There is an awsome diagram of command link set up. Order the parts from here or you will have to take 2 wallets to the Dealer.

Good luck

PS. You don't need any thing you don't want to need.It will work just fine with pig tail and a multi hub and a short bus to go to .each instrument.It seemed to me that the mechanics wern't all sure about digital. Its rather new.
    Last edited by Moonman62; 04-01-2013, 09:30 PM.

Comment

actually, its not really new.
      its been out since 06 and I installed it on my 07 F150.
      if you want digital water pressure and speed you will need the extra kit.
      if you wish depth,speed and water temp you will need a triducer kit.
      you dont have to use the rear mounted(transom) hub anymore now that yamaha makes longer main and pigtail harnesses.

Comment

I found it, for some reason the motor was listed under 2 strokes (VF250LA). Ill do some homework tonight and see what I come up with. There is quite a list and I will need to see what is needed. Things like length of buses will be the question. If you have suggestions on stuff like that dont be shy! I just dont know where they will connect (near motor or near console) so the length is a guess for me.

I apprreciate your time and help

Comment

your going to need the main buss from the engine to the console,you measure.
          at the console the main buss will plug into the hub.
          each gauge(device) will need a pigtail from hub to device, there again you measure.
          its all plug and play.
          if you use command link plus there will be one other 6 to 4 pin adapter.

Comment

Working...
          X