replacing zincs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing zincs

On my 28 Pursuit I have twin 1999 ox66 225's how many zincs do I need to replace on each motor. Do they make after market ones that work fine that maybe less expensive? Thanks

should be 2 on each, 1 over prop and 1 under trim/ tilt unit....as far as i know there are no aftermarket cheap ones.

Comment

thanks

Comment

pete,
        Besides the two sacrficial anodes (zincs) that jb mentioned, there are also anodes in the head assemblies that need to be replaced something like every 500 hours. Take a look at the parts diagram for your motor in the online catalog (above). Look at the head assemblies for the location of the anodes.
        The anode under the t/t unit usually just needs to be removed and the scale knocked off with a wire brush - brush it till you see shiny metal. The trim tab anode is the one that will need replacing more often.
        As far as cost - it's hard to beat boats.net (sponsor of this forum) on price.
        Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
        Ken K

Comment

Ken what is the t/t unit ?

Comment

pete,
            "t/t" - my abbreviation for "trim/tilt".
            I would also recommend that you use a thread sealer on the stainless bolts that hold the anodes in place - sure makes it easier the next time they need to be removed. I use a compound made by Permatex - 14A thread sealer with Teflon (available at most hardware stores) - prevents galling and corrosion on the threads.
            Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
            Ken K

Comment

Working...
            X