Yamaha V$ 115hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha V$ 115hp

Hi guys, i got a yamaha 115 v4 precision blend. I only had it for about a month. Runs fine till this weekend i used runs 35 minutes. After i stop for a fish9ing for 30 min/ 1 hr it didnt wanna start. I managed to start. after stop again for hour didnt want start. Any ideas? If i stop and start straight away its start but after 30 minutes does not start is really hard almost run out batery i think then start. The boat shop say i could be starting it wrong not using choke, is that true?

Help plz

very possible.
    next time try choking it when starting.
    outboards can cool off pretty quick.

Comment

Yamaha v4 115HP 2 stroke Start problems HELP !!!

Ok here is my question.

Im not very familiar with boats. This is my first one.

I got a sea NYmph commander with a 115 hp yamaha V4 1190's.

Oil is on another Tank that auto mix.

I used the boat few times. To start First i use Choke + Eletric Choke and its goes on first or second time.

I used the boat few times and i never had a problem. On my 4th time using the boat ever i went out for a longer trip. I stop for a fishing and 40 min latter went to start my engine with out choke and didnt want start. So i keep trying i use the choke didnt want start and then start. Fine no problem. I moved spot for a fishing. when i stop the boat i turn the ignation key on and it was fine. I stay there for couple hours. When i went to leave again no starting the engine. After while it start using choke only.

I been told i could be starting the engine wrong that i should always use a eletric and normal choke on 2 stroke and because i didnt i could flood the engine thats why.

Now my question is:

1 - is that normal to happen could i start wrong and may be flood the engine?
      2- should i pump gas with primer pump every time or not?
      3- could be water on engine as it was a bit rough out there?
      4- Could be a bad connection on my key switch?

Sorry i got no idea on outboards lol

If theres any idea of how to test things will be great.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X