91 200 hp yamaha low sound alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 200 hp yamaha low sound alarm

okay so the new to me engine sounds an alarm at low volume (db) when key is turned to on position note engine stone cold . so this is what i tried . with 2 gal onboard tank full and powerhead oil tank full and key in on position with alarm sounding i pulled the clear tube on the under side of the powerhead oiltank off .oil drained out ,about midway/oillevel the alarm got noticably louder. i continued to let drain untill only a 1/4 of oil in the was left alarm still sounding reinstalled it clear tube on the underside and allowed the powerhead tank to fillup again and still the alarm sounds but just past about midway the alarm sound volume got lower. any ideas?

sounds like something else is causing the alarm, all that alarm needs is a power and a ground path and it will sound. if it is a very low sound that is indicitave of stray voltage from another source. try disconecting the temp sender on the cylinder heads, you can use this method till you find the source.

Comment

Could be a bad oil level sensor or some oil in the sensor plug. I would clean the plug first and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
      X