Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove powerhead on 2004 F60

Hi all,

I now have a service manual and am ready to dig into my work to replace the two bolts that failed on an F60 that I acquired. It's the bolt (x2) specified as item 11 in this schematic 2004 F60TLRC Yamaha Outboard BRACKET 2 Diagram and Parts .

The service manual I have is for a 2005 (fuel injected), but mine is a F60TLRC carbureted. I'm assuming that replacement of these bolts follows very similar steps - with the obvious difference that mine has carbs and associated linkages.

So, now to my issue. The manual suggests that you can remove the powerhead without removing the upper bracket. But, with the apron off my upper bracket, I can't see or get at the bolts that attach the engine block to the upper bracket. There are 12 bolts around the perimeter - and I took out the rearmost starboard bolt - and it isn't long enough to reach the engine.

I'm staring at the schematic, and maybe I only take out the 4 front bolts on each side to release the powerhead? Does that sound right? Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks.

I'm replying to my own post on the chance that it might help someone else. As I suspected at the end of my post, the inner-most bolts are the ones that secure the power head to the upper bracket/lower case. The outer two are not related - and if you look closely at them they look a bit differently than the engine bolts. The engine bolts are much longer too.

Still haven't separated as other activities came up, but hope to tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
    X