F60tlrc choke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F60tlrc choke

I have a 04 60tlrc four stroke w/ carbuerators . I was wondering if it has a choke .I cant seem to be able to get it choked w/ the key pushed in. It is so cold natured it takes for ever to get going. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm in the process of rebuilding a 2004 (same as yours) F60. These engines are carbureted, but don't have a choke. Instead, Yamaha opted for a fuel enrichment system. You'll see then attached to carbs 1 and 3. They detect heat of the engine (wax melting system) and the enrichment is based on warmth of engine. I don't believe they are activated by pushing in the key (like other engines are).

Because I have yet to start the one I'm rebuilding, I don't know how cold blooded these are. But, my hunch is that they aren't cold blooded and should fire up after a short crank of the starter. If that's not the case, I'd suggest a good carb cleaning is in order.

But, you've not told us if this appeared out of the blue or has been an ongoing issue. That information would be helpful. Others will weigh in with their thoughts. Good luck.

p.s. Did you lift the fast idle lever that assists with cold starts?

Comment

These engines were known to be hard started cold. I have heard it can be solved by opening the innlet passage to choke element.The choke element is feeded from the bottom of the carb chamber. It is also a possibility that thefuel-feeding hole is blocked.

Comment

never had an issue with that setup.
        just has to be set up correctly.
        the wax pellet is heated by a DC 12V.
        has nothing to do with engine temps.
        dont believe?
        short the yellow wire to ground and watch the 20 amp ign fuse pop.
        dont ask how I know.

as the pellet heats it expands and shoves the rod into the orifice ,this reduces fuel.

the link and sync is critical on these engines.

Comment

Working...
        X