warning alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warning alarm

I have a carb'd 115 with oil injection removed.The warning alarm goes off every time I hit a decent wave or boat wake.In flat water everything is fine.It is not a rev alarm because the boat is not leaving the water,just pounding a little.Any ideas?

blake,
    The wiring that use to go to the level sensors of the local and remoter oil tanks may be shorting out when you hit a wave - causing a low oil warning.
    Or the wiring to the thermoswithces may be shorting - trace the wiring from the switches on back as far as you can to the CDI and look for shorting to the engine block.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

Where would the oil level wires be?Also,where are the thermoswitches on the motor?When I find them what can I do to make it stop happening?

Comment

blake,
        The thermo switches are located in the head assy - one on port and one on starboard side. They are towards the top of the head and are a small round rubber looking thingy about the size of a nickle. They have two wires coming out of them - mine are black and pink (2000 C115). There is a bullet connection for each wire about four inches away. Look there for possible shorting to engine block.
        The local tank for that motor I believe is located on the side of the port cylinder assy. I would look for the wire harness there. You are looking for any wire that has been left open and bare with a terminal connector attached - something that could short out to ground (engine block) when the motor is shaken (hit a wave).
        The remote tank would have been located down in the bilge area close to the transom. Again look for any wire that has a bare end.
        If you find any wire that has been left bare, just put heat shrink on it, or tape it well with electrical tape - something to keep it from shorting out to ground or any adjacent wires.
        Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
        Ken K

Comment

Loose battery cables can cause an alarm, make sure battery cables are clean and tight and check the 2 inline fuse holders on engine, unplug the fuse and make sure it fits into holder may have squeeze prongs in fuse holder to get a tight fit between fuse and holder.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X