1993 90hp 2-stroke (3 cylinder, 3 carburetor)--- automatic choke? or manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 90hp 2-stroke (3 cylinder, 3 carburetor)--- automatic choke? or manual

1993 Yamaha 90hp 2-stroke, did they have some kind of automatic choke back then?

I am back on task now of hooking up my main motor, using a Yamaha 703 con*****er. I bought this setup used, but in really nice shape from a dealer. I think they gave me the wrong 703 con*****er, from some other motor. I know this because the throttle mechanism in the 703 is “pull-to-open” and my 90hp is “push-to-open” throttle. I went back to the dealer this weekend but they didn’t have any other 703 con*****ers laying around that they might have mixed up. They did say though that they get a lot of them in and send a lot of them out, they could have given me the wrong one (duh?).

I have gotten by that by changing the lever inside but now am faced with one final dilemma:
    The 703 con*****er has a toggle choke switch on it but I don’t get any clicking when I activate it. The wiring harness does match up (10-pin) between the 703 and the 90hp. And the 703 when hooked to my 130hp Yamaha does click the choke so I know the toggle switch is good. My suspicion though is that on my 90hp, the choke signal has nowhere to go? I cannot find a manual choke mechanism on the 90hp anywhere. I have the service manual (I am attaching a picture) but it does not really say one way or the other. However looking at the picture you can see the choke linkage there on the right – my 90hp does not have this!

Does the 1993 90hp 2-stroke (3 cylinder, 3 carburetor) have some kind of automatic choke? I’m guessing it must, as it starts up and runs just great.
    Thanks,
    tom
    Attached Files

That engine is a Prime start model, has auto choke. Choke switch is not needed.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you very much boats.net!
      That is great information. i must say, this is certainly the most helpful website i have seen.
      Thanks again,
      tom

Comment

Working...
      X