X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 200 hp yamaha txrp alarm @ key on position

hello every
    long time lurker first time poster
    finally hung the engine guages are f'd up so no info lights on them. hook up battery ,tilt trim harness, oil harness and ign. harness .connected the neutral safe switch wires together for old style con*****s , no guages at this time . what happens is when i turn the key to the on position the alarm sounds . wtf. both tanks are full . kinda scared at this time read somwear could be a bad cdi any help is apperciated thanks in advance

My guess is you have something hooked up wrong or you have a problem with wiring harness or switches.

What color wires did you hook together and where were they located?
    Yamaha Service manual for your motor should have wiring diagrams or a rigging guide.

Comment

hooked up the two brown wires that go to the neutral saftey switch on the shift throttel con***** . its hard to believe that something is hooked up wrong it all plug and play

Comment

You probably connected the two off white colored square connectors on engine togather. They are for gauge warning lights and trim gauhe and should not be connected togather.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

i doubt it only one connector fits from console to engine for guages a different shape connector for oil ect on top of that the wire colors before and after connectors all match . im leaning towards the oil system but not shure

Comment

the connectors he is speaking of are on/at the motor

Comment

yep under the cowling thoes are the ones im talking about one is the main harness one is for oil and the other is for the guages .
              Last edited by makomecrazy; 03-20-2013, 07:23 PM.

Comment

I meant that is what boats.net was talking about

If you do some searching you will find some posts about them and pics

Comment

you got any links? or tags for them or a specific top for search?

Comment

Working...
                  X