Speedometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedometer

Can someone advise where and how the speedometer is attached to my 2000 SX150TXRY motor. It is the Salt Water Series II 150 HP OX66.

I imagine there is a port like a pitot tube on the lower unit somewhere. I believe it is plugged and that is why my speedo is inoperable. I also have the counter rotating LX150TXRY but I would imagine that the just mount it on the standard rotation engine.

Thank you for your anticipated assistance, Have a great week!
    If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

the intake for the speedo is on the leading edge of the lower unit, it is a very small hole 1/16 inch. you can unplug with a drill bit very carefully, the tube runs up through the steering tube and out the rigging grommet. hope this helps..

Comment

Thank You,

Thank you Sequoia,
      I appreciate your advice.

Do you know, is there any way to brighten the backlighting on these gauges? I have not opened the console yet to see if I can spec a brighter bulb or it they are LED's.....nuclear powered.... I would love to get a service and installation manual or information for the cluster of four (two tachometers, speedometer and fuel management gauge) including the schematic.

The previous owner may not have cared or just accepted that they were what the are. Trim indications are stuck (one full up, the other a few bars shy of full down) no speedometer (0.0 indicated) and thus no trip meter. And the fuel management I suspect may only be reading one engine.

I just bought the vessel and I am still learning it. Its nice though, I am happy with the Yohmmy's The appear to be well built and futuristic design forerunner.
      If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

on the standard digital gauge there is no way to brighten the back light, but you can however make sure it is hooked up, on the back of the gauge for the light is a blue wire and a black wire, make sure these wires are hooked up, if the vessel has a yamaha gauge harness with the bullet connectors and inline fuse, i like to hook the blue to the yellow about mid way in the harness, this allows the light in the guage to come on when you turn the key on..

Comment

Working...
        X