1999 three cylinder 60 hp Trim cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 three cylinder 60 hp Trim cylinder

This is my first yamaha outboard. I purchased it used and it has run great for three years. Last fall while doing maintenance before storage I notice the tilt cylinder was separated from the ram and the cap to the cylinder was missing. Is this cap replaceable without purchasing a whole new ram assembly ?

Originally posted by zztopeppo View Post
    This is my first yamaha outboard. I purchased it used and it has run great for three years. Last fall while doing maintenance before storage I notice the tilt cylinder car parts was separated from the ram and the cap to the cylinder was missing. Is this cap replaceable without purchasing a whole new ram assembly ?
    Yes cap is replaceable. You will get them on many online stores
    Last edited by Kalhgar02; 03-15-2013, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your infomation. My next question is why this happened . My guess is that the motor bounces around while in transport and some how causes the failure. Is this logical or is my line of thinking way off?

Comment

this explains when ever you buy a second hand outboard look at everything carefully as people dont sell good motors these days they sell trouble motors as very good while in fact they have wrecked their brain out fixing problem and loose lot of money so they sell them to you ,good words dont mean much these days ,you have to do your own investigation as for now you have to fork out money to replace the cover and god knows what else comes your way .good idea buy a new one and trade in this old one as it will chew in more money

Comment

Working...
        X