f300 throttle adjustment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f300 throttle adjustment?

First post hoping someone might be able to help. I have a single 2011 f300 with command link mounted on a GW 268 Islander which replaced original f250, prop is the SDS 15 pitch 'salt water' which was recommended by the Yamaha web page. Also installed Bob's Machine jack plate. I have never been able to get my rpm's above 5400 and was thinking I needed to change my prop but now I am wondering that it might not be my prop but instead I am now thinking if it could be that I am not getting maximum output on my throttle? I have good acceleration up to about 5100 -5400 but I just cannot get any more and still achieve performance and maintain good mpg. So, is there a throttle adjustment that will give me those extra rpm's up to 6000?
    My dealer that I purchased the motor from is out of business so I thought that I would ask for some real world advice. Thanks

Originally posted by hastingsS View Post
    I have good acceleration up to about 5100 -5400 but I just cannot get any more and still achieve performance and maintain good mpg.
    What do you mean by this statement?

Comment

99yam40,

That means my throttle is pegged all the way down.

Comment

whats the model number?
        the F300 was made in both a V8 and a V6.

Comment

Working...
        X