2009 Yamaha 90hp Model TLR prop recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Yamaha 90hp Model TLR prop recommendation

I have a 2010 Skeeter bass boat model ZX170 that has a Yamaha 2-stroke 90hp model TLR outboard. The prop that came on the motor is an aluminum 3 blade 12 5/8 diameter 21 pitch. I want to replace the OEM prop with a SS prop. Which SS prop would be most appropriate for this boat/motor?

Thanks,
    Ray Smith

I see that no one has answered your post so I will jump in. Picking a prop requires a little work on your part unless your are willing to take an offhanded recommendation and live with the results. But stainless props are expensive and the prop is a major component of your power train. So I suggest you visit the Power Tech website (ptprop.com), look through their educational videos and if you are comfortable with what you see, fill in their prop worksheet. They will make some suggestions and hook you up with a local prop shop if you want. You will need to know the recommended WOT rpms and some current performance info for best results but I'll bet you get a lot of good info just working through the site.

I worked with them when I wanted to move from a three blade to a four blade and found their service and that of their local rep to be outstanding, including returning a prop for a different size when I was not satisfied with the performance of their first recommendation.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by resconroe View Post
      I have a 2010 Skeeter bass boat model ZX170 that has a Yamaha 2-stroke 90hp model TLR outboard. The prop that came on the motor is an aluminum 3 blade 12 5/8 diameter 21 pitch. I want to replace the OEM prop with a SS prop. Which SS prop would be most appropriate for this boat/motor?

Thanks,
      Ray Smith
      I run a 1999 Yamaha 90HP 2 stroke model C90TLRX on an 18' jon boat with a Stainless Steel Ballistic(Michigan Wheel), 3 blade prop, 13-1/2X17.....my wide open throttle is right at 5500 RPM's...Hope this may be helpful but I realize your boat is a more high speed bass boat than mine...Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
      X