f115 water pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f115 water pump

I need to change the water pump on my 2005 f115 yamaha. How easy it the job?

water pump

This will give you a general idea of the procedure although the illustration is not identical to your motor. Do lots of research with search function as there are bits of knowledge people have shared concerning possible problems and solutions. Have no idea about your mechanical comfort zone so you will have to be the judge. Good Luck
    J.
    Water Pump Replacement

Comment

If you plan on working on your motor it is always a good idea to pick up a Yamaha service manual for that motor, it will save you money in the long run and save you a lot of time.
      Keeps you from doing a lot of searching on the web and asking questions of people that probably do not have the proper manual for your motor either.
      If you run into a problems understanding the manual or certain steps then ask for help

Comment

The service manual is an incredible tool and a must have for any owner. Not an after market spend the money on the yamaha service manual. The water pump is a pretty simple job. there are bolts under the anode dont forget to remove them to get the lower unit off. Once out take plenty of pics. remove the 4 bolts take the housing off then there is a little metal cap over plastic gently tap it off then the cup the impeller the wooddruf key the plate and gasket. Just do one step at a time and take pics. Just make sure when you turn the impeller into the new cup the fins are turned in the same direction they were in the old cup. use antiseize putting it back together. when putting the lower unit back on make sure the gear spline is put back in the housing. I am not a mechanic but pretty handy I would rate the job about a 4 or 5 out of 10, 10 being extremely hard.

the manuel is a must

Comment

Originally posted by rocky bruce View Post
          I need to change the water pump on my 2005 f115 yamaha. How easy it the job?
          Google up Yamaha maintenance tips for detailed instructions with photos for several repair and maintenance procedures including water pump replacement. I used this site and it was very helpful...not that difficult and about an hour and a half job. Go ahead and order your parts and have them on hand, take your time and it should go very well....good luck!

Comment

on another forum I have posted a step by step bolt by bolt method.
            its about a 1 hour job but certain steps must be used.

Comment

Thanks, the pics were very helpful. I am going to try it, as it does'nt look any worse than the OMC I had.

Comment

Working...
              X