F150TRX hour meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150TRX hour meter

Hi, new member here and looking for some info. Just purchased a new, to me, Sea Hunt with a 2010 F150TRX. The boat did not come with an hr meter on it and I would like to install one, this will allow me to keep track of the hrs without having to guess when to bring it to the dealer for servicing. The question is this, what Yamaha gauge would work ( the other gauges are analog ) can I go digital with this or not an option. Also, where is the best place to purchase. Is this a DIY install or does it need to be " professionally installed" the the pop out on the console is already there. Thanks for any replies

You can replace tach with 6YR-W0035-E2-00 Multifunction Tach rig kit which will display RPM's, hour meter, trim indicator, overheat and low oil pressure warning lights. Kit includes wiring needed to install.

Can use newer 6Y8-WE83S-70-00 Command Link Tach kit, display's lot more engine data(will need about $140-00 of wiring to install this kit.

Or if have room in dash to cut another 2 1/8 hole can install a 6Y5-83504-11-00 Hour meter
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Finally ordered the hour meter and did not come with wiring diagram. It has 3 wires Blk,Gr, Yel. Any help with these as to which is ground, positive, neutral? Can I assume green is ground, black is pos and yellow is neutral? Make the connections to ignition switch, or ?? Any help appreciated. Thanks

Comment

In Dc the ground is black,
        yellow is key on power on Yamaha,
        and green should be tach signal I believe but not totally sure

Comment

Yes black is ground, yellow is key on power and green is tach signal. Connect gauge harness.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the replies

Comment

Working...
            X