704 Binnicle control dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 704 Binnicle control dimensions

I built a 17 center console and I need to find out if this control box will fit my console. What is the length of the box that extends into the console (from where it mounts flush to the dash (black cover) to the end of the metal part that you dont see inside the console). Also how much clearance do I need for the cable. Do those cables flex well? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

The box extends 8.35 inch below console and will need about 8-12inch clearance for cables
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Do those cables have to come straight out or can they be bent into an arc downward after leaving the bottom of the box? (The dash panel where I need to mount the box is at about a 70 degree angle, not on top of the console which would make the box lay more horizontal than vertical. The front of the console opposite of the dash is an angled seatback which limits my space if that makes any sense). Is there another control option if this one won't fit? I'm going to be running a 50-70hp 2 stroke Yamaha.

Comment

The cables shouldn't make a bend with less than a 8" radius, but the bend can start where they come out of bottom of control box.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X